This cutting-edge course explores the creative side of computer animation, including art directing, design and character animation. Combining art and technical disciplines, you’ll develop the skills to bring concept art and scripts to life on screen.
Why study BA (Hons) Computer Animation Art & Design at BU?
- This course is industry recognised by ScreenSkills, the industry-led skills body for the UK's screen-based industries, and carries the ScreenSkills Select quality-mark which indicates courses best suited to prepare students for a career in the screen industries.
- Understand the underlying production principles and practice in computer animation, as well as concepts of creative and aesthetic design
- Undertake a variety of assessments including production-led projects, personal artistic briefs as well as live industry briefs
- Benefit from supportive tutors who provide tailored and personal reviews of your work
- Make invaluable contacts before you graduate through regular industry guest speakers and BU’s BFX Festival, featuring a fantastic line-up of speakers, masterclasses, exhibitions, screenings and networking events
- Access specialist facilities including a new green screen and motion capture studio, as well as animation laboratories, equipped with industry-standard software
- Develop the skills to enter roles such as computer graphics and animation artistic directors, animators, and designers, visual effects artists, and visual effects supervisors.Study at the National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA)
The NCCA is one of the most established and highly regarded centres for computer graphics and animation education and research. The centre is ranked 4th in the top 25 animation schools and colleges in the world, 3rd in Europe and 1st in the UK (Animation Career Review, 2020).
As one of very few research-intensive animation centres in the UK our expertise not only ensure our courses remain at the forefront of education, but also help to define new industry practices.