If you want to work in the feature film visual effects industry or associated areas, this is the perfect course. You'll embrace the complete visual effects post-production pipeline and focus on theory, principles and production of assets and shots.
Why study BA (Hons) Visual Effects at BU?
- Produce a high-quality demonstrative portfolio of work related to the knowledge and production of professional quality feature film visual effects
- Tailor your studies to either a more technical or artistic flavour depending on your desired career aspirations
- Benefit from supportive tutors who provide tailored and personal reviews of your work
- Access specialist facilities including a new green screen and motion capture studio, as well as animation laboratories, equipped with industry-standard software
- Mirror industry practice by working collaboratively with other National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA) students on our courses in Art & Design and Technical Arts to create visual effects work
- Make invaluable contacts before you graduate through regular industry guest speakers and BU’s BFX Festival, featuring a fantastic line-up of speakers, masterclasses, exhibitions, screenings and networking events.
Study at the National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA)
The NCCA is one of the most established and highly regarded centres for computer graphics and animation education and research. The centre is ranked 4th in the top 25 animation schools and colleges in the world, 3rd in Europe and 1st in the UK (Animation Career Review, 2020).
As one of very few research-intensive animation centres in the UK our expertise not only ensure our courses remain at the forefront of education, but also help to define new industry practices.