If you have a strong desire to work in the feature film visual effects industry or associated areas, this is the perfect course for you. You'll embrace the complete visual effects post-production pipeline and focus on the theory, principles and production of visual effects assets and shots.
- During the course you'll produce a high-quality demonstrative portfolio of work related to the knowledge and production of professional quality feature film visual effects
- Access brand new specialist facilities including a green screen and motion capture studio, as well as animation laboratories, equipped with industry-standard software
- Mirror industry practice by working collaboratively with other National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA) students on our courses in Art & Design and Technical Arts to create visual effects work
- Tailor your studies to either a more technical or artistic flavour depending on your desired career aspirations
- Benefit from regular industry guest speakers from studios such as ILM, Dreamworks, DNEG and Framestore just to name a few
- Attend BU's BFX Festival, the UK's largest visual effects, computer games & animation festival featuring a fantastic line-up of speakers, masterclasses, exhibitions, screenings and networking events.
- BU is ranked 4th in the top 25 animation schools and colleges in the world, 3nd in Europe and 1st in the UK (Animation Career Review 2020).