Through studying some of the biggest issues the world is facing today, you'll examine the significance of global politics and the factors that influence income, wealth and wellbeing.
We approach some of the biggest contemporary issues including pollution and climate change, healthcare, unemployment, inequality, and global poverty, whilst focusing on the role the media plays in this news travelling worldwide, reinforcing and challenging who gets what, how, why and where.
- Expand your knowledge and attend conferences and speaker seminars, as well as benefiting from regular guest lectures and masterclasses
- Study abroad for a semester at one of our partner universities in Turkey, the USA or Germany
- Engage in field trips to places such as Westminster, local government and charities
- Study alongside students from around the world at the Salzburg Academy on Media and Global Change. Attend expert-led lectures, cultural tours and workshops
- Build your professional contacts and gain invaluable experiences that can serve as a platform for entry into a range of careers in a 4-week or 30-week placement. Work with organisations such as the Office of Education and Quality, Herts Mind Network and Apollo Private Wealth
- Work alongside staff as student research assistants which can lead to publication.