Why study BA (Hons) Product Design Futures at BU?
- Learn the skills and knowledge to future proof your career, you’ll meet the future needs of design in a market where automation will transform professions and create new opportunities.
- Focus on the ethical development of new products and how they can be designed to solve real-world problems without causing environmental issues.
- Access the latest virtual design tools such as virtual reality, CAD systems, 3D solid modelling and 3D printing.
- Spend your third year on a work placement, gaining at least 30-weeks experience in a relevant industry.
- Exhibit your projects at the Festival of Design & Engineering, giving the public and potential employers an insight into how it could impact the future.
- Use state of the art facilities including a specialist CAD laboratory and our Innovation Centre.
If you’re a forward thinker who's intrigued about what the future might look like, this course will not just help you to understand what to expect – it will help you design it.
Accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers to fully meet the requirements for Registered Product Designer (RProdDes) registration for 2019-2023 intake years. Accredited courses are fully supported by the Institution, and IED student membership is free to full-time students for the duration of their studies.