On this dynamic course, you’ll explore the meaning and experiences of justice, conflict (in) equality and citizenship in the context of pressing global issues. Optional units allow you to shape your learning around your political passions and career goals
Why study BA (Hons) Politics at BU?
- Expand your knowledge and attend conferences and speaker seminars, as well as field trips to places such as Westminster, local government and charities
- Learn from leading researchers in the fields of politics and political communication
- Get hands-on experience of elections as political pundits, expert guests or fact-checkers in staff-student run projects and talk shows, such as the UK General Elections
- Study alongside students from around the world at the Salzburg Academy on Media and Global change. Attend expert-led lectures, cultural tours and workshops
- Network with industry professionals and add valuable experience to your CV in a 4-week or 30-week placement
- Take initiative, lead and organise the student-run BU Politics Society's regular events, film screenings and debates.
What you can achieve with a BA (Hons) Politics degree
Our BA (Hons) Politics degree helps our students graduate as reflective, critical citizens – ready to pursue diverse political career paths.
That can range from working in partisan politics to the civil service, to positions at non-governmental organisations (NGOs) or representing organisations who need politically shrewd and media-savvy employees.
We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.