The course will give you an in-depth understanding of business processes and functions within the industry's creative foundations. It attracts people from business and textile backgrounds - offering the chance to carry out structured research investigation.
The course aims to challenge traditional and contemporary uses of fashion and textiles, whilst promoting new approaches and processes in the industry. It also lets you concentrate on an area of study that's particularly suited to you. What's more, this fashion degree is supported by staff with knowledge that covers everything from design and manufacture to technology and creativity.
The MSC Fashion and Textiles Management course is taught at our Scottish Borders Campus in Galashiels.To find out more about this subject visit the School pages.
The full-time Fashion Management masters starts in mid September and lasts one year. The course can also be taken part-time over two years.
- Challenge traditional and contemporary uses of fashion and textiles, as well as creating the opportunity to promote new approaches and processes in fashion and textiles
- Provide students with the knowledge, skills and competencies to meet the diverse demands of the fashion and textile industries
- Encourage, in inter-disciplinary projects, creative collaborations between subject areas to foster innovation
- Develop an inter-disciplinary understanding of key issues relating to the design, management and innovation in fashion and textiles
- Develop competent and confident professionals for the global fashion and textiles industries with an in-depth understanding of the creative process and its management in international and local contexts.