IAB Advanced Bookkeeping
Qualification IAB Level 3 Certificate in Bookkeeping & IAB Level 3 Award in Computerised Bookkeeping
Level 3 – comparable to studying at A-Level
Awarded by The International Association of Book-keepers (IAB)
Course type Online
Duration Flexible - 6 months’ typical completion time, based on 5 hours per week
Start dates Flexible - Enquire now
Price Enquire now
What the course is about
The Advanced Bookkeeping course forms the final stage on the IAB qualification pathway, providing you with the higher level skills required of a professionally qualified Bookkeeper, practising on behalf of Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited companies.
You will learn how to account for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Not for Profit organisations, work with incomplete records, make adjustments within the Journal and prepare financial statements for a range of purposes, using Sage One Accounts software.
- Principles of double entry bookkeeping
- Principles of accounting for Not for Profit organisations
- Fundamentals of incomplete records
- Fundamentals of bookkeeping and accounting for Partnerships
- Principles of preparing financial statements for Sole Traders
- Principles of VAT
- Recording transactions and make accounting adjustments
- Preparing financial statements for a Sole Trader
- Preparing financial statements for a Partnership
- Preparing financial statements for incomplete records
- Preparing financial statements for a Not for Profit organisations
- Preparing VAT returns.
6 x computer based tests (taken from home)
3 x exams (taken at an external test centre)
2 x assignments
What is included:
- Printed course materials and online eBooks
- Sage One Accounts Extra online software*
- One-to-one tutorial support
- Regular live online classes
- 24-hour access to the Virtual Learning Campus
- Personalised individual study plan
- Practice tests, class recordings and student forums
- Exams and booking service
- Specialist Career Management service
- Student membership with the IAB.
*Available for the duration of your course
“My goal is to practice as a self-employed Bookkeeper, build up my own client base and live life to the full!” – Richard Cook
Why study with Home Learning College
- Qualifications accredited by the leading industry professional bodies
- Flexible online courses so there is no need to attend in person
- 96% pass rates: significantly higher than the national average
- Expert tutorial support from tutors experienced in the industry
- One of the most successful online education platforms in the UK
- All inclusive course package
- Flexible payment options
- Professional advice upon enrolment.
Choose from a range of flexible payment plans to fit your financial situation. You can split the cost of your course over 12 or 18 monthly payments, which means funding your course is easy and affordable.
To discuss a payment plan suited to your needs, talk to a Home Learning College Course Advisor on 0800 912 2931.
Class size Assigned tutor who supports you one-to-one via phone and email
How to apply
Talk to a Course Advisor directly: Home Learning College Course Advisors know the Bookkeeping industry inside-out and will be able to offer professional advice on a career in the field, as well as answer any questions you may have about the course.
Call today for an initial chat on 0800 912 2931 (Mon-Fri 9am-8.30pm, Sat-Sun 10am-5pm).
Who is it for?
Those who already have a good understanding of bookkeeping and a solid working knowledge of Sage One Accounts.
Course outcomes and career progression
Professional qualifications give you the tools, and confidence, to establish a really strong career in the field of your choice and significantly increase your earnings.
The IAB Advanced Bookkeeping course forms the third and final stage on the IAB qualification pathway. Upon completion of the course you will gain a licence to practise as a qualified Bookkeeper on behalf of Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies, earning a typical salary range of £37,500 - £42,500.
About the IAB
The International Association for Book-keepers (IAB) is a professional awarding body for members who provide bookkeeping and accounting services to firms and businesses, both in the UK and internationally. The IAB aims to meet an extensive range of financial skills for small and medium businesses, qualifying individuals in the provision of these services.
Application ProcessClick here for further details:http://www.homelearningcollege.com/Courses/Bookkeeping/IAB-Advanced-Bookkeeping/?cp=METMET0003