The degree is designed to fully integrate the management theories associated with the global fashion industry with the business contexts of fashion design, marketing and merchandising.
What you will study
- The Fashion Business
- The Retail Environment
- Fashion Design Concepts
- Communication Design
- Fashion Construction and Technology
- Managing in the Fashion Industry
- Consumer Behaviour
- Advertising Communication
- Fashion Communication (30 credits)
- Retail Loyalty
- Public Relations
- Store Design and Visual Merchandising
- Design for Client (with Gray's) (30 credits)
- Fashion Branding
- Ethics and the Consumer
- Events Management
- Financial Merchandising for Fashion OR Foreign University Study
- Fieldwork Placement (30 credits)
- Communication Project (30 credits)
- Research Methods
- Applied Consumer Psychology
- Fashion Buying and Forecasting
- Women and Media OR International Marketing
- Fashion Project (with Gray's)
- International Retailing
SQA Higher: BBC
GCE A Level: CC
ILC Higher: BC1C1
IB Diploma: 24
HNC or equivalent qualifications will be considered for year 2 entry. HND or equivalent relevant qualifications may be considered for year 3 entry. Overseas qualifications and access programmes will be considered on an individual basis. Applications welcomed from students with alternative qualifications and relevant work experience.
Fees and bursaries
Fees for students from UK and EU
- Started 2006-2007 or later £1820 pa for session 2009/10
- Started 2005-2006 or earlier £1285 pa for session 2009/10
Students from Scotland and the EU are not liable to pay fees and should apply to SAAS for funding.
If you are from England, Wales or Northern Ireland you should apply to the appropriate funding body.
England - http://www.studentfinanceengland.co.uk/
Wales - http://www.studentfinancewales.co.uk/
Northern Ireland - http://www.studentfinanceni.co.uk/
Fees for international students
- Started 2006/07 - £8,300 pa for academic year 2009/10
- Started 2007/08 - £8,750 pa for academic year 2009/10
- Started 2008/09 - £9,350 pa for academic year 2009/10
- Starting 2009/10 - £8,400 pa for academic year 2009/10
How to apply
All applicants must apply online at http://www.ucas.com/apply.
Once you register and create your username and password you are guided through the process of applying. After submission, log in to your UCAS Track account and you can see the progress of your application, view and respond to your offers.