As demand for skilled sports therapists continues to grow, this new degree will help you develop high-level professional knowledge and skills so that you can go into practice after graduation.
- Choose a course recognised for its high academic quality: our BSc is accredited by The Society of Sports Therapists
- Complete over 200 hours of clinical placements to gain hands-on experience of the profession and apply theory to practice
- Build a thorough understanding of the rehabilitation process, including manual therapy techniques, exercise therapy and sports massage
- Undertake fieldtrips to sporting events
- Make the most of our exceptional sports facilities in our specialist sports centre
- Be inspired by our enthusiastic and expert staff who boast a wealth of professional experience working with elite athletes
This is a dynamic course which will set you apart as an industry-ready sports therapist and rehabilitator.
Fit to practice
As a sports therapist, you will take the lead in directing patients back to optimum levels of functional, occupational and sports-specific fitness. You'll use sport and exercise principles to help boost performance, devise injury prevention and rehabilitation programmes, and provide assessments and treatments in recreational, training and competitive settings.
Offering a blend of science and practice, this course prepares you for the challenges of the role. You'll gain a detailed understanding of the human body in terms of anatomy and movement. You'll also cover all aspects of the rehabilitation process, including manual therapy techniques, exercise therapy, and sports massage.