If English isn't your first language and want to build a career in an international working environment, such as global trade, then this BA (Hons) International Trade and Business Communication degree course is a great choice.
You'll study all things business in an English-speaking environment, preparing you for the fast-paced world of international business.
English continues to be a world language for trade and there's strong demand for graduates with both business and English Language skills. This gives you many career options after the course.
What you'll experience
On this International Trade and Business Communication course you'll:
- Develop your English language skills alongside native and non-native speakers
- Study how people use conversational, formal and business English
- Explore the theory and practice of international trade
- Study the ways other cultures view the world and how this impacts trade
- Learn about the economic, legal and managerial factors that affect international trade
- Get the knowledge and skills you need to tackle the demands of the international workplace
- Join a community with more than 4,000 international and EU students from over 150 different countries
- Get all the support you need while living in a new country, from our Global Office
- Have the opportunity to start in years 2 or 3 if you have previous Higher Education experience
Work experience and career planning
To give you the best chance of securing a great job when you graduate, our Careers and Employability service can help you find relevant work experience during your course if you're eligible to work in the UK.
We can help you identify placements, internships and voluntary roles that will complement your studies.
What you'll study
Each module on this course is worth a certain number of credits.
In each year, you need to study modules worth a total of 120 credits. For example, 4 modules worth 20 credits and 1 module worth 40 credits.
Core modules in this year include:
- Business Communication 1
- English Language Grade 4
- Introduction To International Business & Trade
- Multimedia Language
- Studying And Working In A Globalised World
There are no optional modules in this year.
Core modules in this year include:
- English Language Grade 5
- Business Communication 2
- Corporate Analysis and Strategies in International Environment
- Marketing and Communication
Optional modules in this year currently include:
- Professional Communication for Business
- British Cultural Studies
- Business and Markets in a Global Environment (FHEQ5)
- Learning From Experience
Core units in this year include:
- English Language Grade 6
- Business Communication 3
- International Marketing and Export Trade
- International Trade: Payments and Law
Optional units in this year currently include:
- Practical Translation
- Managing Across Cultures
- Business and Markets in a Global Environment
- Understanding Britain Today
- Intercultural Perspectives on Communication
- Professional Development: Recruiters and Candidates
Teaching methods on this course include:
- independent study
- digital multimedia language laboratory sessions
- IT suite sessions
How you're assessed
You’ll be assessed through:
- in-class tests
- individual or group projects
- individual or group presentations
You’ll be able to test your skills and knowledge informally before you do assessments that count towards your final mark.
You can get feedback on all practice and formal assessments so you can improve in the future.
Careers and opportunities
When you finish the course, our Careers and Employability service can help you find a job that puts your skills to work in the industry.
What can you do with an International Trade and Business Communication degree?
Previous graduates have gone on to build successful careers in areas such as:
- international business
- public service
- the leisure industry
Other graduates have continued their studies at postgraduate level or set up successful businesses with help and support from the University.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.