If you’re an international or EU student interested in improving your career prospects with an honours degree, this 1-year BA (Hons) International Trade, Logistics and Business Communication top-up degree course will help you reach your ambition.
You'll learn valuable cross-cultural business communication skills while developing your English language ability. You'll also improve your maths and problem-solving skills while you study subjects such as logistics management and exports and trade.
When you graduate, your combination of subject knowledge and English language skills will give you an advantage in the international job market in areas such as business management, public service, finance, marketing and logistics.
What you'll experience
On this International Trade, Logistics and Business Communication course, you’ll:
- Examine relevant global business issues and the social, political and economic frameworks that surround them
- Learn how international cultures view the world and the demands of a global workplace
- Develop your business, logistics and trade knowledge alongside your English language skills
- Analyse companies, discuss solutions and add your own opinion in seminars and workshops
- Get all the support you need while living in a new country, from our Global Office
- Join a community with more than 4,000 international and EU students from over 100 different countries
Work experience and career planning
To give you the best chance of securing a great job when you graduate, our Careers and Employability service can help you find relevant work experience during your course if you're eligible to work in the UK.
We can help with career planning and support you in you identifying placements, internships and voluntary roles that will complement your studies.
What you'll study
Each module on this course is worth a certain number of credits.
On this course, you need to study modules worth a total of 120 credits. For example, 4 modules worth 20 credits and 1 module worth 40 credits.
Core units in this year include:
- Business Communication 2
- Corporate Analysis And Strategies In An International Environment
- General Language Grade 5 (English)
- Marketing & Communication
- Operational Research
- Professional Communication For Business
Core units in this year include:
- International Trade: Payments And Law
- International Marketing And Export Trade
- Logistics Management
- Quantitative Supply Chain Management
- General Language Grade 6 (English)
Teaching methods on this course include:
- language classes
How you're assessed
You’ll be assessed through:
- tests and examinations
- individual and group projects
You’ll be able to test your skills and knowledge informally before you do assessments that count towards your final mark.
You can get feedback on all practice and formal assessments so you can improve in the future.
Careers and opportunities
English is commonly the language of international business and trade. So completing this course gives you many career opportunities.
What can you do with an International Trade, Logistics and Business Communication (Top-up) degree?
Previous students have started careers in business, trade, public service, finance, marketing, management, retail and leisure at various locations around the world. You could also go on to further study at postgraduate level or start your own business with help and support from the University.
After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.