Do you want to develop your Electrical and Electronic Engineering knowledge and skills?
On this HNC Electrical and Electronic Engineering course, you'll get to grips with the fundamentals of engineering sciences and management and learn how you can apply your skills in the workplace.
You'll learn from engineering experts and study at the Centre of Excellence for Composites, Advanced Manufacturing and Marine (CECAMM) at Isle of Wight College. This brand new, £12 million facility, is packed with the latest tools, equipment and resources.
You can study full time over 1 year, or part time over 2 years on day release from your job.
When you finish the course, you'll have new skills, knowledge and professional experience in electrical and electronic engineering, backed up by a Higher National Certificate that could help you land your dream job or progress in your career. You could also continue your studies, for example, by topping up your HNC to an HND.
Location – Isle of Wight College
The course takes place at the Centre of Excellence for Composites, Advanced Manufacturing and Marine (CECAMM) at Isle of Wight College.
While studying at CECAMM, you can access our student support services and community including study support, the Students’ Union and our library's online resources.
What you'll experienceOn this Electrical and Electronic Engineering HNC course, you'll:
- Study in the brand new, £12 million CECAMM at Isle of Wight College
- Build knowledge in subject areas including analytical methods, engineering science, electrical and electronic principles, electronic measurement and testing, digital and analogues electronics, and combinational and sequential logic
- Learn from engineering experts in seminars, lectures and group sessions
- Work on an individual project and put your knowledge into practice to demonstrate what you’ve learnt
- Put what you learn to work in your job straightaway, if you study part time on day release from your job
- Have the option to continue your studies and top-up your HNC to a Higher National Diploma (HND) when you complete the course
Careers and opportunities
Our Careers and Employability service can help you with career planning and you'll get access industry contacts, careers events and recruitment fairs during the course.
After you finish the course, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Areas you could work in include:
- defence electronics
- advanced product manufacturing
Job roles you could work in include:
- electronics engineer
- product design engineer
- aerospace engineer
- application engineer
You can also continue your studies by doing an HND or Bachelor's degree.