If you're in work and want to top up your Foundation degree to a full Bachelor's degree, this part-time BA (Hons) Leadership, Business and Management top-up degree course is ideal.
You'll cover topics such as strategic management, change management and business strategy, and learn how to manage people effectively. You'll also delve into leadership theories and develop your critical thinking and research skills. Delivered in partnership with you and your employer, this course lets you apply what you learn in the classroom straight away in your job.
You'll graduate with the skills to confidently tackle business issues and uncover great opportunities for yourself and your employer. Your degree will also boost your earning potential and promotion prospects, and allow you to make an even greater contribution to your organisation.
What you’ll experience
On this course you'll:
- Top up what you've already learned at Foundation level, and graduate with a full Bachelor's degree
- Learn as you work, maintaining an income while putting what you learn into practice
- Deepen your understanding of key business, leadership and management subjects that are vital for a successful business career
- Form a network with your fellow students who are also working professionals, providing insights from other industries and an invaluable support system for your future endeavours
Work experience and career planning
To give you the best chance of securing a great job when you graduate our Careers and Employability service can help you find relevant work experience during your course.
We can help you identify placements, internships and voluntary opportunities that will complement your studies and build links with employers at home and abroad.
Each module on this course is worth a certain number of credits.
In each year, you need to study modules worth a total of 120 credits. For example, four modules worth 20 credits and one module worth 40 credits.
Core modules in this year are:
- Strategic Management – 20 credits
- Business Improvement and Creativity – 20 credits
- Critical Leadership: Theoretical and Practical Perspectives – 20 credits
- Critical Thinking and Research Skills for Leadership and Management – 20 credits
In this year, you'll research and write your dissertation. This is worth 40 credits
We use the best and most current research and professional practice alongside feedback from our students to make sure course content is relevant to your future career or further studies.
Therefore, some course content may change over time to reflect changes in the discipline or industry and some optional modules may not run every year. If a module doesn’t run, we’ll let you know as soon as possible and help you choose an alternative module.
Teaching methods on this course include:
- work-based learning
You'll be assessed through:
- online activities
- essay assignments
- a 10,000-word dissertation
You’ll be able to test your skills and knowledge informally before you do assessments that count towards your final mark.
You can get feedback on all practice and formal assessments so you can improve in the future.
A degree in leadership, business and management will set you up for a successful career in the corporate world. With this degree, you'll have the skills and knowledge to make a greater contribution to your organisation.
You'll be able to work in areas such as:
- human resource management
You could also go onto further study at Master's level.
Previous graduates have gone on to work as:
- business development officers
- recruitment consultants
- emarketing executives
- publicity officers
- risk analysts
Our Careers and Employability service can help you with career planning during the course. After you leave the University, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.