Entry Requirements For This Course
As well as meeting the stated academic entry requirements, applicants will be required to attend a Selection Day held at City, University of London. to ensure that your values match those of the NHS Constitution.
The Selection Day will allow you to visit City and meet members of the radiography team and current students. Furthermore, it will provide you with the chance to visit our teaching facilities. The Selection Day will encompass a presentation from staff and students and a fifteen minute face-to-face interview with academic and clinical staff and a service user.
Applicants who pass the selection process and are able to demonstrate that they meet the NHS Constitution values will receive an offer. The conditions of the offer will be made to applicants via UCAS. The following are examples of typical offers that are made:
- 'A' Level - Typically BBC or a combination of 'A' levels (we do not accept General Studies or Critical thinking . Must include one of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics or Physics.
- UCAS tariff - 112 points. For more information on the new UCAS tariff system, please visit the UCAS website.
- IB - 33 points (must include Physics).
- Extended Project Qualification (EPQ): We welcome applications that include the EPQ. Where relevant, this may be included in our offer, resulting in an 'A' Level offer reduced by one grade.
- BTEC - D*D*D (Applied Science or Medical Science only).
Unless studying towards an Access to HE Diploma in a relevant subject, all applicants must have:
- GCSE: A minimum of five passes at grade 4 (C) GCSE, including English Language, Mathematics and Double Science. GCSE requirements for applicants studying an Access to HE Diploma are detailed below.
Access to HE Diploma
Pass in a QAA recognised Access to HE Diploma in Radiography or Science only with full award (60 credits) of which a minimum of 45 credits must be at Level 3 including 30 credits at Distinction with at least 6 credits at Distinction in Physics and 15 credits at Merit. Applicants must hold GCSE English and Mathematics at grade C (4) or above.
*Subject to change.
Special requirements: Applicants must complete a clinical visit and return a supportive clinical visit feedback form.
Students are required to have occupational health and enhanced disclosure and barring service clearance. Academic and character references are also required.
If you do not meet the entry requirements for this course, you may be interested in our Introduction to Health Sciences course. This is completed over one year and provides an introduction to clinical and professional healthcare, enabling you to progress on to this course on successful completion (subject to meeting progression criteria, please visit the Introduction to Health Sciences course page for more details).