Rational and economic use of energy, with the least damage to the environment, is vital for the future of our planet. Established in 1972, the Energy Systems and Thermal Processes MSc remains the most prestigious degree in technical energy management in the UK. Accredited by the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, it will equip you with the state-of-the-art technical knowledge and skills required to help achieve energy efficiency and reduce environmental pollution. Closely aligned with industry, with real world case studies and research projects at its core, this course will enable you to develop a successful and rewarding career as an environmentally aware energy professional.
This course is designed for engineering graduates or practicing engineers who wish to develop a successful career as an environmentally aware energy professional.
The course will equip you with knowledge that can be directly applied to help various sectors improve competitiveness in the face of dwindling resources, probable substantial increases in energy costs and the urgent requirement to comply with the increasingly restrictive pollution control standards.
Rational and economic use of energy, with the least damage to the environment, is vital for the future of our planet. The MSc in Energy Systems and Thermal Processes has evolved over the past 40 years from ongoing discussions with industrial experts, employers, sponsors and previous students.
The ethos of the course is to provide you with the professional skills you will need to develop a successful career improving the management of energy, designing energy-efficient systems and processes, utilising of renewable energy sources and the reducing and controlling pollution cost effectively.
- Access world-class pilot scale facilities that are unique to the UK higher education sector.
- Study modules including Thermal Energy Systems, Heat Transfer, Thermal Systems Operation and Design and Applied Thermal Systems.
- Develop your technology leadership capabilities with the world renowned Cranfield School of Management.
- Participate in individual and group projects focused on your personal interests and career aspirations – with many supported by industry.
- Learn from lecturers with extensive, current experience of working with industry on solving real world mechanical engineering challenges.
- Benefit from our extensive industry links and alumni community, to develop your network and advance your career.