You will undertake an individual physical geography research project over two years (MPhil) or three years (PhD), supported by our widely respected academic staff:
- Predicting and mitigating water pollution risk from wildfire ash - Professor Stefan Doerr is a leading authority on wildfire impact.
- Predicting ice rifts - Professor Adrian Luckman received international press coverage for his research on the Larsen C Ice Shelf in Antarctica and his predictions of its calving.
- Professor Siwan Davies' work focuses on establishing why climate has changed dramatically and abruptly in the past 100,000 years. Siwan recently made a television documentary on the effects of present climate change in Uganda, Costa Rica and California.
- Professor Tavi Murray, the first woman to be awarded the Polar Medal by HM queen for outstanding service to polar research.
- Professor Peter North who received global media coverage for his work with NASA on the Amazon and Climate Change.