A world class School
The University of Edinburgh Business School mission is to develop effective and responsible leaders by creating insightful knowledge and inspiring minds in dialogue with the world around us.
The University of Edinburgh Business School, is part of the University of Edinburgh, one of the world’s top 25 universities. The University benefits from a rich heritage having delivered education for more than 400 years.
- University of Edinburgh is ranked 23rd in the world by QS (2017).
- Employability is high, for example, the MBA seeing 88% of graduates finding a job within 3 months of graduating.
- The School delivers a substantial selection of Masters programmes which are based on what employers seek and to match what are students are looking for in terms of their career aspirations. We for example off Masters in: Finance (with specialisms in Corporate, Energy and Investment), Management, HR and International HR, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, Business Analytics, International Business and Emerging Markets, and Marketing.
- In 2016/17 there were students from over 60 nationalities studying for a postgraduate. A great opportunity to learn from others.
- The School is triple accredited: AACSB, EQUIS, and AMBA. Giving you reassurance of quality.
- A 100-strong teaching faculty representing a substantial body of experience; many are active in industry-based research and consultancy. This experience feeds into the quality of the teaching, particularly in immersing students in business issues.
- Edinburgh is one of Europe's leading financial centres and combines a dynamic business community with its status as a World Heritage Site. Located in the heart of Edinburgh, the School is perfectly placed to engage with the local, national, and international business community. In addition, it is a fun place to live being host to one of the biggest festivals in the world and also having been voted one of the most beautiful places in the world (4th by Lonely Planet in 2014).
- Full time MBA (12 months)
- Full time MBA (with International Exchange)
- Executive MBA
- MSc Accounting & Finance
- MSc Banking & Risk
- MSc Business Analytics
- MSc Carbon Finance
- MSc Entrepreneurship & Innovation
- MSc Finance
- MSc Human Resource Management
- MSc International Business & Emerging Markets
- MSc International Human Resource Management
- MSc Management
- MSc Marketing
- MSc Marketing & Business Analysis
- MSc by Research
More information is available on our website www.business-school.ed.ac.uk
A commitment to your professional development
Each of our Masters and MBA students undertakes a personal, professional development journey that challenges, engages and prepares for real-world success. We encourage you to take ownership of your professional development so your experience is tailored and unique. At your side will be the backing of a supportive faculty delivering robust, relevant learning geared to maximising your potential.We also have a Student Development team dedicated to help our Masters students maximise their potential in the global market and similarly our MBA team does this with our MBA students.
International Partner Schools
The international outlook of the School is enhanced by our partnerships with a number of leading overseas School, including ENPC in Paris and its sister institution in Shanghai, EADA in Barcelona, Copenhagen Business School, Kellogg, USA, the Schulich School of Business in Toronto, the Macquarie Graduate Mangement School, Sydney amongst others.
Strong corporate links and alumni network
The School fosters strong corporate links with a number of visiting speakers (including chairmen and CEOs of publicly quoted companies) drawn from the local and international business community. Some of our programmes also give students the opportunity to work closely with corporates and other organisations in terms of student led projects and dissertations. Some of these senior industry practitioners are the Schools own MBA alumni who provide an invaluable resource in terms of advice and contacts to students. Our alumni network now numbers over 3500 and stretches across 120 countries, including representation in virtually all major companies and industry sectors. We look after our alumni, and after graduation our students are able to take advantage of extensive alumni facilities and also the offer of lifelong learning through MBA+ and Executive education offers.