Our BA combines rigorous academic study with practical skills. The course is unique in structure: most courses with a year abroad last four years - we deliver ours in three.
We've carefully chosen our partner universities so that the quality of education you receive on the year abroad is the same high quality that you get at Sheffield and, crucially, counts towards your final degree classification.
Year one modules give you a comprehensive understanding of core business, including behaviour at work, quantitative methods, marketing, strategic management, business ethics and economics. Your study includes skills-based modules that cover essential accounting and decision-making techniques.
In the second year, you'll build a keen understanding of global business with the opportunity to study abroad at one of our partner institutions.
We have partners in Australia, Canada, Europe, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Singapore and the USA, and no matter where you spend your year abroad, all the teaching is in English. All modules at partner institutions are approved by Sheffield University Management School.
In order to meet the requirements for the study abroad aspect of this course, you must pass the first year with an average grade of 60%, with no failed modules on the first attempt.
At Sheffield, we believe this is what you should be aiming for anyway. Students who don't achieve this transfer to our BA Business Management course and stay in Sheffield for the second year.
For the third year of the course, you return to Sheffield and continue their business management studies with a strong international focus.
Working closely with the University of Sheffield's prestigious School of East Asian Studies, specialist modules such as Work and Society in Japan are available, alongside three core modules which will challenge and enhance your now established international expertise.
International and European partner universities
- Australian National University
- - Griffith University
- - Monash University
- - University of Adelaide
- - University of Melbourne
- - University of New South Wales
- - University of Queensland
- - University of Sydney*
- - University of Western Australia
- - University of Wollongong
- McMaster University
- - University of Alberta
- - University of Calgary*
- - Western University*
- Hong Kong
- Chinese University of Hong Kong
- - City University of Hong Kong*
- New Zealand
- University of Canterbury
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore*
- Case Western Reserve University
- - Drexel University*
- - University of Oklahoma
- - University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- - Florida International University
- - Georgia Institute of Technology
- - Montana State University
- - Northern Arizona University*
- - University of New Mexico
- - University of Pittsburgh
- - University of Texas at Dallas* (calculus required)
- *These universities have restrictions set by the partner university. This could be a restricted number of courses/places available/additional documentation required etc.
- European Countries