Our distinctive degree paves the way to some of the most rewarding, inspiring and satisfying careers of all - working in special educational needs and disability support.
- Education at Derby has been ranked in the Top 25 in the Guardian League Table 2021
- Prepare for roles where you can make a genuine difference - from family liaison and inclusion support to teaching assistance and mentoring
- Build an in-depth understanding of the theories, factors and contexts for special educational needs and disability (SEND)
- Undertake work placements to develop your practical, professional and intellectual skills
- Learn from experts in the fields of education, health, psychology and social work to gain real insights into professional life
- Chart your future direction at a university with a strong track record for employability: 96% of Derby graduates were in work or further study within six months of completing a full-time degree
- If you already have a Foundation degree then and wish to top it up to a full BA (Hons) then you can do so by applying directly to the university
This course prepares you for a broad range of roles where you can improve the life experiences of individuals with special learning needs. You'll build the skills and knowledge to support children and adults with diverse needs, such as specific learning difficulties, physical disabilities, behavioural problems and sensory impairments.