Mental health problems currently affect one in four of the UK population. If you're caring and compassionate, with exceptional communication skills and a real passion for helping people, this degree is for you.
- Our nursing programmes are approved to the NMC's new Future nurse: Standards of Proficiency for registered nurses
- When you graduate, you'll be eligible to register and practise as a mental health nurse, as long as you meet the NMC's requirements
- Our nursing courses are ranked 11th in The Guardian University Guide 2019
- Choose to study at our Derby or Chesterfield Site, starting in September or March
- Gain essential practical experience on a range of placements in different health care and community settings
- Benefit from some of the best university facilities of their kind, including our clinical skills suite and our state-of-the-art immersive suite
- Learn from a highly experienced, enthusiastic and research-active team who provide full support to help you achieve your ambitions
- The Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust provide students with a conditional job offer when you enrol on the course
- Two of our Mental Health students won the top prize for Outstanding Contribution to Student Affairs at the Student Nursing Times Awards 2018, as a result of setting up the Nursing Society and due to being extremely engaged and committed to the established community.