The aim of this course is to provide an academically challenging, intellectually stimulating programme of study that educates and enhances the professional competence of students of marketing and business.
The course is designed to help build knowledge, transferrable skills and capabilities to prepare students for the middle and senior appointments within public, private and social economy sectors in the global business area.
This course aims to:
- Prepare students for a career in marketing and business by building the transferrable skills necessary for marketing management at a variety of levels.
- Enhance lifelong learning skills and personal development in order to work with self-direction and originality and to contribute to business and society at large.
- Develop ability to apply knowledge and critical understanding of marketing and business to complex issues, to improve entrepreneurial marketing and business practice.
- Acquire skills necessary to conceive, design and implement a substantial research project.
- Critically evaluate the application and impact of marketing theories and concepts to practical marketing problems.
Response to Covid-19: Our focus is on providing a safe and welcoming learning environment for our students. We have taken every measure, in line with Government guidance, to ensure continued access to learning.
As part of our response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, we plan to deliver this course combining face-to-face, on-campus learning, with online learning activities, continuing to follow Government guidance and social distancing measures as required. As restrictions ease, face-to-face opportunities will be increased as appropriate and it is safe for us to do so. Our plans are based on public health advice and robust risk assessments and will be regularly reviewed and updated in that context. More information about our response to Covid-19 and FAQs are available here