This programme is designed to provide you with expertise in the fields of accounting and finance. It will help you pursue a future career as an accountant in the public or private sector.
You will study the core disciplines of finance, and financial and management accounting. You will explore the wider dimension of business decision making in organisational context.
The technical aspects of the programme have been informed by the requirements of the accountancy profession. You will also develop your practical skills through the application of IT to real data sets.
If you successfully complete the degree, you will be exempt from the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants' (ACCA) papers F1-F4 foundation-level papers.
Industry experts provide guest lectures, career development advice and curriculum input. Practitioners are involved in developing content and teaching on various courses. As part of our continuing guest lecture series, senior executives from Northern Trust and Barclays have presented to a broad audience of undergraduate, postgraduate and research students as well as academics.
We will encourage you to join the Trading and Investment Society and take part in competitions such as the UK Trading Challenge.
We are proud to say that our accounting and finance subjectsare ranked:
- 3rd in London for course satisfaction by the Guardian University Guide 2016
- 3rd in London for student satisfaction by the Complete University Guide 2017.
The aims of the programme are:
- To develop your theoretical, technical and practical knowledge of accounting and finance in the wider context of the organisation and global economy
- To develop your reflective, critical and evaluative thinking and to expose you to contemporary issues in the field. This is done through teaching, which is strongly supported by research and professional practice
- To provide flexible studying which delivers a strong theoretical underpinning in accounting and finance through compulsory courses
- To enable you to pursue coherently related areas of specialism through chosen areas of academic study, option choices and a dissertation title.
Accounting & Finance
We offer professional qualifications in accountancy, financial services or insurance and give students the chance to combine industry expertise with practical business skills.
- Download transcript
- More videos