Develop your intellectual learning and gain the skills to pursue a career within management and to lead in the dynamic business world with this fully online, part-time Management MSc from the University of Liverpool.
The curriculum is ideal if you’re looking to pursue a career in international management – but want to develop a detailed understanding of global business issues, or even study a business subject for the first time. The programme provides a thorough understanding of management concepts such as decision-making, learning and development, and strategy alongside core business skills. This will help to equip you with the tools and confidence required to succeed as a manager in international business.
Is this the right programme for you?
This programme will provide you with an insight into contemporary issues regarding the international nature of management practice. You will develop your ability to apply analytical and problem-solving techniques to the decision-making process in real-life global business contexts, and to present your analysis in a professional and persuasive manner.
During your studies, you will be exposed to the different forms of organisations including private, public, third sector and small business enterprises. You will develop the collaborative, reflective and reflexive skills of an independent learner and develop your curiosity through engagement with research-connected teaching.
Through this programme, you will:
- Develop your critical understanding of the nature of research and enquiry, both in subject specific and generic contexts. You will enhance your practical research skills through engaging in enquiry, alongside other forms of disciplinary and interdisciplinary research activities. This approach will encourage you to become a producer and not just a consumer of knowledge.
- Effectively utilise digital platforms to connect, collaborate and communicate in academic and professional contexts. You’ll develop a critical perspective open to continuously developing digital practices within this business discipline.
- Prepare for the dynamic business world. Your study activities have been designed to actively enable you to thrive in conditions of ambiguity and uncertainty. This will enable you to view problems from multiple perspectives, making decisions while handling risk.
The MSc International Management consists of the following taught modules and a final dissertation project.
- Management Perspectives and Practices (15 credits)
- Becoming a Leader (15 credits)
- Ethical and Sustainable Business Practice (15 credits)
- Finance and Data Analysis for Managers (15 credits)
- Strategic Management and Contemporary Organization (15 credits)
- Identity, Learning and The Global Professional (15 credits)
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation (15 credits)
- Research Methods (15 credits)
- Dissertation (60 credits)
There is a brief break scheduled between modules to allow students to refresh themselves and reflect on what they have learned.
Shorter postgraduate diploma (120 credits) and postgraduate certificate (60 credits) awards are also available in this subject.
Learn from industry experts
This online programme is run by the Management School at the historic University of Liverpool, established in 1881 and one of the founding Russell Group members. We have offered online management degrees since 2001 and are part of an elite group of worldwide institutes to be triple-accredited, holding AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA status. Our vision is to be a globally connected Management School, with our transformative research and teaching, placing us at the forefront of influential knowledge leadership.
Enhance your career opportunities
Students will graduate from this programme with the opportunity and skills necessary to work and engage in a variety of business-related roles within organisations. This includes marketing, finance, strategy, international development, data analytics and research, relationship management, and human resources.
You will have developed enhanced access to a wide range of business and management positions, including roles within consultancy, the financial industry, large retail and manufacturing organisations. The content and delivery of the programme will equip you to be an effective business and management candidate for a range of national and international positions.
Programme graduates may also be able to follow a research career focussing on management. From an employability perspective the programme is committed to embedding requisite skills through both formative and summative assessment at module level, and through guest talks, networking events, and publishing opportunities outside of module requirements.
Download a prospectus for more details on the career support you will receive as a University of Liverpool student.
Learn online anytime, anywhere
Get the University of Liverpool experience wherever you are in the world. This online course features interactive classes and regular contact with staff and fellow students across the globe. Teaching is delivered through our state-of-the-art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), which provides students with access to all resources required for interactive study online. On this platform, you will be encouraged to work collaboratively with classmates and actively read around your topic through our comprehensive library of eBooks and journals.
Assessment is exclusively through online assignments rather than examinations. You will be assessed through a range of activities, including written assignments, discussion forum participation and journal entries.
Love what you've read so far?
One of the best ways to see if the programme is right for you is to join one of our regular virtual events where you will be introduced to our range of online programmes, our online learning facilities, and Q&A’s with staff to help you make the best decision about the future of your education.