Learn to harness your creativity and get set to push the boundaries of games making by studying in the UK's first UNESCO City of Design. Get your degree from one of the most prestigious game design schools in the world.
Developed for creative and technically minded people with a desire to become a key part of the games industry, this degree is designed to make you work-ready, teaching you game concept and asset creation, game prototyping, and production and leadership skills.
As a student on this programme, you will:
- Work alongside artists, programmers and audio specialists in small development teams to design and develop computer games
- Study the historical context and fundamentals of game design, interaction and narrative theory
- Develop professional skills in level design, concept development, project management and entrepreneurship
- Learn how interactive entertainment products are designed, developed and marketed
You'll be encouraged to work creatively and professionally as a game designer, communicating concepts through prototypes, game assets, documentation and presentations, in addition to honing your communication and management skills through multidisciplinary projects.
This course gained an impressive 96% Overall Student Satisfaction rating in the 2020 National Student Survey and Abertay University ranked in the top three Scottish Universities for Student Satisfaction.
Abertay is widely regarded as THE place to study for a games degree. But don't just take it from us:
- Sunday Times UK University of the Year 2020 for Teaching Quality.
- Guardian University Guide 2020 Top 10 in the UK for Student Satisfaction with Teaching, Course and Feedback.
- National Student Survey 2020 Top 10 UK Universities for Student Satisfaction
- Princeton Review 2020 best in Europe for Video Games Education for the 5th year in a row.