Why study BSc (Hons) Games Software Engineering at BU?:
- Strong focus on specialist units to give you a broad range of software engineering skills that can be put to good use in the context of games programming.
- Educated by professional practitioners, expert academics and interesting guest lecturers
- Taught in dedicated facilities, using the latest industry-standard software for developing games.
- Opportunity to put your learning into practice by taking a 4-week work placement (as part of the 3-year course) or a 30-week placement (as part of the 4-year course).
- We have regular contact with games developers across the UK and overseas, including Unity, Jagex, King, Sports Interactive, Creative Assembly, Climax Studios, and others.
- Regular guest lectures from some of the leading names in the industry.
Apply programming techniques to modern games creation, whilst developing your knowledge of artificial intelligence, physics, game engines and graphics programming.
BU is a member of The Independent Games Developers’ Association (TIGA), and our Games courses have been nominated by TIGA for Best Educational Institution.