Bournemouth University is located on the south coast. Bournemouth is only two hours from London via train. With two campuses in both Bournemouth and Poole, Bournemouth University has over 18,000 students, making it large enough to offer its students diversity, yet small enough for you to feel part of a friendly and thriving cosmopolitan community.
There are plenty of reasons to study at BU, and here are some that we think stand out:
- Placement opportunity for every Honours degree student
- High graduate employability rate - 93.1% of undergraduates are in work or study six months after graduation*
- Learn from research-led academics who are experts in their field
- Courses designed with direct input from employers
- Industry accreditations on many courses
- Unlimited number of Academic Excellence Scholarships from £1,000** if you achieve AAA at A-level or DDD at BTEC, or equivalent.
The undergraduate subject areas offered at Bournemouth University are:
- Accounting, Finance & Economics
- Archaeology, Anthropology & Forensic Science
- Business, Management & Marketing
- Computer Animation, Games & Visual Effects
- Computing & Information Technology
- Design & Engineering
- Film, TV, Media & Music Production
- Health & Social Care
- History, Politics & Social Sciences
- Life & Environmental Sciences
- Media & Communication
- Medical Sciences
- Tourism, Hospitality & Events.
Accommodation is guaranteed** for all new students who have selected BU as their firm choice by the relevant deadlines. Prices range between £90 and £167 per week.
Bournemouth University delivers a great student experience, and has invested heavily in ensuring their learning and social spaces are modern and attractive. That's why it was awarded a silver award in the 2017 Teaching Excellence Framework - recognising that it is delivering high quality teaching, learning and outcomes for its students. They are continually improving and there is much more to come in terms of new facilities.
The Students' Union at Bournemouth University offers a nightclub, bars and shops with over 120 clubs and societies, including a student magazine, radio and television. Sport is a big factor at Bournemouth University with a state-of-the-art gym, 60 fitness stations and spin studio being amongst the facilities. Students can take part in a range of activities from yoga to boxercise. Find out more about student life.
For all the latest on studying at Bournemouth University, visit their website.
*Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey, 2017
**Terms and conditions apply