Why study BSc (Hons) Data Science & Analytics at BU?
- Learn how to work with Big Data frameworks and develop results into contemporary visual analytics.
- Explore cutting edge Machine Learning techniques, including how to implement and apply algorithms such as Artificial Neural Networks on a range of real-world industry-inspired problems.
- Delve into Deep Learning, which is driving innovation in a huge range of fields involving image, video, speech and text analysis for applications like self-driving cars, detecting fake news, and medical diagnosis.
- You'll gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one.
- All of our computing courses share a common first year, giving you the time to really explore each subject before deciding on a specialism. Take a look at the courses here.
Find out more about the content of this course.
What are the career opportunities?
It is predicted that data science and artificial intelligence will see a huge growth in the next decade across almost all industries, therefore putting you in high demand. Career opportunities include data scientist, data analyst, data architect or information analyst.