Be an innovator and shape the future of television. During this course, you’ll produce your own programmes alongside industry professionals, giving you hands-on experience as well as a solid grounding in real-world, professional television production.
Why study BA (Hons) Television Production at BU?
- Produce your own programmes in the studio and on location, where you will focus on all aspects of production including technical and post-process, such as editing
- Access specialist facilities which include; a film studio, two Ultra High Definition broadcast standard multi-camera TV studios, Sony FS5 and Panasonic AC160/AG371 cameras, SQN sound mixers, Pro Tools dubbing suites and Avid edit suites
- You’ll be taught by professional practitioners, eminent media academic staff and benefit from industry guest speakers
- Make invaluable industry connections during a 4 week or optional 30-week work placement with organisations such as LoveLove Films, Framestore and Warner Bros
- Work collaboratively to create a high production value television programme, forming production companies and 'freelancing' that can act as your calling card to the industry
We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
The International Moving Image Society is a highly respected professional body, uniquely placed to assure, encourage and support industry relevance in media production courses. All of our courses within the Media Production Department have received accreditation in recognition of their industry-standard teaching.