Why study BA (Hons) Sociology at BU?
- This robustly academic social science course integrates global perspectives, providing a broader outlook and understanding of issues in society
- Develop a versatile skillset - this degree will prepare you for a wide variety of careers thanks to the analytical and communication skills you’ll acquire throughout your course
- Choose from either a 30-week ‘sandwich’ placement, or a shorter four-week placement – which could give you a professional skillset and crucial contacts as well as potentially making you more employable
- Develop your own piece of research based on a topic that interests you, or aligns itself with your future career or study plans, in your final year dissertation
- Learn from expert social scientists in fields including society and social formation, social anthropology, criminology, cultural diversity and social welfare - 100% of our students think our sociology staff are good at explaining things.
What can you achieve with a sociology degree?
Sociology is rapidly becoming more relevant in our contemporary world and as a result, the number and range of possible job opportunities have escalated. Develop skills suitable for a range of job opportunities in culture, media, teaching, research, human resources, and public and business services.