This course is now full for September 2021 entry. You may still apply, but your application may be held on a waiting list (either prior to or following an interview). If your application is on a waiting list, we will inform you if a space becomes available by the end of June.
Why study BA (Hons) Social Work at BU?
- This course is ranked 1st in its subject area according to the 2021 Guardian League tables
- We have close ties with local employers, as well as our service user and care partnerships, so you will have the opportunity to develop strong working relationships with those already in the profession.
- Statutory placements throughout the course mean you will gain lots of relevant experience, operating in real-world settings.
- You’ll leave us equipped with the specialist knowledge and practical skills needed to deal with issues in areas including child protection, fostering and adoption, adult safeguarding, mental health, substance use, hospital discharge and disability.
- This course is approved by Social Work England, which means you’ll be eligible to apply for registration as a social worker on successful completion of the course.