Why study BSc (Hons) Forensic Science?
- Taught by professional practitioners and guest speakers who are experts in their respective fields, including forensic archaeology, genocide investigation and toxicology
- Participate in multiple field trips, as well as being taught in contemporary lecture halls and state-of-the-art labs where you’ll use cutting-edge equipment.
- Take part in invaluable lab and fieldwork experience, including mock crime scenes and disasters, including a live fire exercise.
- Provided with theoretical and practical training covering crime scene science, toxicology, chemistry and molecular biology.
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one and springboard into a career as a forensic investigator post-graduation.
- 92% of our final year students agree that this course is intellectually stimulating.
Exploring crime scene science, toxicology, chemistry, and molecular biology, this degree is designed to be one of the most modern and relevant of its kind. It has been engineered to give you an understanding of the theory and practice of forensic science.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills required for Forensic Science, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.