Why study BSc (Hons) Cyber Security Management at BU?
- Explore the evolving threat landscape and gain applied skills in building and managing secure systems
- Learn the fundamental concepts of psychology, business, law, and management that relate to cyber security in technology
- Become a strategic thinker and be a step ahead of the hackers – understanding the threats and implementing the solutions to combat them
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one
- You’ll be qualified to work in the security and/or forensic industry in roles such as police forensics investigator, forensics consultant, security advisor, information security analyst or cyber security analyst.
All of our computing courses share a common first year, giving you the time to really explore each subject before deciding on a specialism. Visit our subject area page to see the full list of courses.
Are you interested in understanding the evolving security threats posed by hackers, computer viruses, and large-scale cyber-attacks? The rate and prevalence of such threats mean cyber security professionals are in high demand.
Our cyber security lab is something special
Using state-of-the-art technology across our three labs, we can run up to 50 million PCs using just 50. From the labs, we can see where cyber attacks are happening all over the world, and what attacks are happening and being stopped at BU. Find out more about these facilities.