Why study BSc (Hons) Geography?
- Taught by an expert-led team of lecturers, academics and guest speakers covering units such as Marine Geography, Earth & Society, Climate & Environmental Change
- Fieldwork is carried out in a variety of stimulating environments, including the World Heritage Site Jurassic Coast, the Isle of Wight and the New Forest
- Opportunities for you to learn through fieldwork by joining staff-led research projects overseas
- An opportunity to complete field experience abroad. Past themes have included conservation practice in China, and preparation for climate change in farming communities in Nepal
- As the course covers both human and physical geography, you can tailor the course to your interests by choosing appropriate units from year two
- 90% of our final year students agree our staff are good at explaining things and this course received an overall 90% satisfaction rating from our final year students.
Our course examines the natural, social, economic, and political factors that influence our ever-changing world and will help you understand ways of managing our environment sustainably and deal with social and environmental conflicts affecting our world.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.