Please note: This Advanced Standing course is full for September 2021 entry and we are not accepting applications at present. However, during the Clearing period from 1 July 2021 this position may change so please contact our Clearing line which will be advertised during this time. You can register your interest for Clearing 2021 here.
We are pleased to offer a Master's MSc Mental Health Nursing course which is open for applications, as well as the BSc (Hons) Mental Health Nursing full degree route.
Why study BSc (Hons) Mental Health Nursing (Advanced Standing) at BU?
- Successful completion of this 2-year course will lead to a qualification in BSc (Hons) Mental Health Nursing
- Acceptance onto the course depends on factors such as the initial field of registration, holding a nursing degree qualification and the date of the applicant’s original registration
- One in four people will struggle with mental health issues at some point during their life. It is a rapidly expanding area of nursing that needs caring, compassionate and competent professionals
- This course will teach you how to deliver high-quality nursing care, to enable, educate, and encourage those experiencing mental health problems to progress towards recovery
- Practical experience takes a central role in the course, with 50% of the course spent in practice placements to gain nursing experience in a variety of healthcare environments
- Newly built skills facilities include simulated hospital wards and community home settings, allowing you to learn and practice.
Find out more about the content of this course.
Not sure which nursing course is for you? Read our guide to nursing courses at BU.