Taught by experts with strong links to the legal profession, this course will equip you with the tools and knowledge to tackle real-world issues within the legal sector. You'll gain an excellent overview of the profession and you can also choose between two additional pathways in your final year of study to suit your career aspirations. The optional pathways are Law with Politics and Law, Media and Creative Industries.
As a student on this course, you'll:
- Gain practical experience by taking part in Moot Courts and Moot Show Trials and attend guest lectures
- In your final year you'll have the option to follow your preferred career pathway, whether you're looking to train as a Solicitor in England or Wales or keep your career options open by following the academic pathway with a range of graduate opportunities
- Accredited course by the Solicitors Regulation Authority and Bar Standards Board, you'll graduate with a qualifying law degree
- You'll have the opportunity to put knowledge into practice during a 30-week work placement, invaluable for your future career. What’s more, if your placement meets the necessary criteria, it can count towards a portion of your training contract or qualifying work experience after graduation
- Join the Law Society where you'll have the option to take part in networking and socialising with others, to supporting charity work and CV building
- Study abroad for a semester at one of our partner universities in Italy, Sweden, Switzerland or Turkey
- Take part in field trips to Law Courts, Parliament and the Inns of Court
- Take advantage of the opportunity to contribute to the BU Law Review, an academic publication designed to encourage you to further your interests and publish your excellent research in the area.