This course is now full for September 2021 entry. You may still apply, but your application may be held on a waiting list (either prior to or following an interview). If your application is on a waiting list, we will inform you if a space becomes available by the end of June. Please note: there is still space on the Foundation Year option for this course and applications are still being processed for this entry route.
Why study BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing at BU?
- Develop into a compassionate, knowledgeable, competent and confident graduate nurse capable of delivering and leading high-quality, person-centred care in a wide variety of healthcare settings
- Apply to study based at either our Bournemouth or our Yeovil Campus
- 50% of the course is spent in practice placements to gain practical nursing experience in diverse locations like hospitals, community homes, private clinics and community nursing teams
- Developed in conjunction with practice partners, service users and carers, on this course you’ll learn from experienced registered nurses and other healthcare practitioners
- Newly built skills facilities include simulated hospital wards and community home settings, allowing you to learn and practice various nursing procedures safely
- Our annual Careers Fair has numerous healthcare exhibitors in attendance, helping you to gain employment as a registered nurse on completion of the course.
- Accredited by the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC), this course will prepare you to be eligible to register and practice as a registered (adult) nurse and to graduate with a BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing award.
Funding support: All nursing students on courses from September 2020 may be eligible for a non-repayable government training grant of at least £5,000 a year. Please note that this funding is not eligible for students on the Foundation Year, however you will be able to access it once you complete the foundation year and move onto the degree.
Find out more information about the funding: https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund.
Foundation Year: We have a Foundation Year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills needed to prepare you for the Adult Nursing degree, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the Foundation Year, you will progress to the full degree and begin your Adult Nursing study.
The Foundation Year will be based at the Talbot Campus, Bournemouth. If you wish to study the degree at the Yeovil Campus, you will be able to choose this study location upon completing the foundation year in Bournemouth.