Why study BSc (Hons) Environmental Science at BU?
- Gain practical experience gained through fieldwork, lab work, computing, data analysis, report writing, and work placements
- Fieldwork is carried out in a variety of stimulating environments, including the World Heritage Site Jurassic Coast, East Devon World Heritage Coast, and the New Forest
- Opportunities for you to learn through fieldwork by joining staff-led research projects overseas
- Our students work in partnership with our staff to co-create featured projects, collaborating with professional practitioners
- Gain valuable work experience on an optional placement in a real-world working environment, with a range of local, national and international companies and institutions.
This degree has been developed to give you a solid overview in the discipline of environmental science, as well as looking at how humans shape the world around us and how humanity can tackle the issues arising from this.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills required for environmental science, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
Accreditation by the Institute of Environmental Sciences provides an indicator of quality and indicates that an education institute is planning the career paths of its students. You’ll also be able to apply for free student membership of the institution.