Why study BSc (Hons) Biological Sciences at BU?
- Consolidate and progress your core knowledge and understanding of biological chemistry, cell biology, human physiology and evolutionary biology
- Develop important practical laboratory and scientific skills that will form the basis of future successes in academic writing and experimental design.
- Define your pathway though the degree, with options to explore your chosen subjects in greater depth, developing your own project ideas and considering potential career paths.
- Opt to complete a 30-week placement to gain experience and insights for your future career.
- You’ll develop and complete a defining dissertation project that will highlight your abilities and interests – ending the degree as an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and skilled biological scientist.
- We often collaborate with professional practitioners so that your work has immediate practical benefits as well as being an inspiring way to learn.
Develop biological knowledge and practical skills to tackle some of the world’s greatest challenges. From genes to ecosystems, explore the fundamentals of life on Earth and how to make positive changes to individuals, societies and global environments.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the scientific skills required for Biological Sciences, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.