Why study BA (Hons) Product Design at BU?
- Graduate with a balanced view of the product development process, learning all the practical and theoretical skills necessary to work in the sector.
- Use state of the art facilities including a specialist CAD laboratory and our manufacturing design centre.
- Spend your third year on a work placement, gaining at least 30 weeks experience in a relevant industry
- Design your own original product and make a working prototype in your final year and exhibit it at our annual Festival of Design & Engineering.
- Choose to extend your undergraduate study and continue to the award of Master of Design (MDes) Product Design.
- Graduate with a range of skills allowing you to go into a range of careers in the industry from a designer through to production manager.
The BA (Hons) Product Design focuses on the aesthetic and contextual issues relating to product design whereas the BSc focuses on the technological aspect of design. You don’t need to decide which route you’ll take until your final year.
This cutting-edge course will give you the skills and guidance to develop successful commercial products. Take a creative and innovative approach to problem solving, while addressing the functional, social and economic needs of your design.
Accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers to fully meet the requirements for Registered Product Designer (RProdDes) registration for intakes between 2019-2023. Accredited courses are fully supported by the Institution, and IED student membership is free to full-time students for the duration of their studies.