This course is now full for September 2021 entry. You may still apply, but your application may be held on a waiting list. If your application is on a waiting list, we will inform you if a space becomes available by the end of June.
Why study BA (Hons) Criminology at BU?
- Gain a wider view of the world of crime, including terrorism, global human trafficking and organised crime
- Understand the impact of crime on society and the complexities of criminal and deviant behaviour
- Learn from research-active social scientists in fields including society and social formation, social anthropology, criminology, cultural diversity and social welfare
- Choose from either a 30-week ‘sandwich’ placement, or a shorter four-week placement to provide you with important work experience
- Develop your own piece of research based on a topic that interests you, or aligns itself with your future career or study plans, in your final year dissertation.
What can you achieve with a criminology degree?
This course will help to develop your critical and focused mind, providing you with debating, communication and analytical skills which can be applied to various topics and job roles. The BA (Hons) Criminology degree will provide the ideal platform for further specialisation in many careers, such as policing and probation services, that require the expertise and skills that this course will give you.