This course is now full for September 2021 entry. You may still apply, but your application may be held on a waiting list. If your application is on a waiting list, we will inform you if a space becomes available by the end of June.
Why study BA (Hons) Sociology and Criminology at BU?
- Tackle hot topics such as social exclusion, human trafficking, terrorism, penology, policing, victimology, and many other eye-opening components
- This course will give you the sophisticated knowledge and analytical skillset needed for breaking into the public and social sectors
- Choose from either a 30-week ‘sandwich’ placement, or a shorter four-week placement – crucial for enhancing your employability
- Develop your own piece of research based on a topic that interests you, or aligns itself with your future career or study plans, in your final year dissertation
- Learn from research-active social scientists in fields including society and social formation, social anthropology, criminology, cultural diversity and social welfare.
What can you achieve with a sociology degree?
You’ll develop a range of analytical and communication skills during this course that will serve you well when you enter the workplace in the public or social sectors, including the criminal justice system, or alternatively as a great starting block for further study.