Why study BSc (Hons) Design Engineering at BU?
- Use the latest solid modelling, rendering and product simulation tools to create and evaluate your own designs
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the engineering principles underlying the product development process.
- Access to cutting-edge facilities in our Innovation Centre including 3D scanners and printers, modern manufacturing & technical workshops and prototyping facilities
- Spend your third year on a work placement, gaining at least 30 weeks experience in a relevant industry
- Display your design project in your final year and exhibit it at our annual Festival of Design & Engineering
- This course received an impressive 95% satisfaction rating from our final year students.
You’ll develop an expert technical knowledge, while being encouraged to think creatively about design problems. This course integrates technology, arts, market awareness and the skills needed to use advanced product development tools.
Accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers and Institution of Mechanical Engineers as meeting the academic requirement, in full, for Incorporated Engineer registration for intakes between 2019-2023.