Why study BA (Hons) Multimedia Journalism at BU?
- Produce news broadcasts in our professional TV studios, design magazines, film TV news packages and interview members of the public as well as guests on live radio
- Take part in authentic news day activities in the community to reflect real industry practice and publish news and features across our student platforms
- Learn from experienced professionals and successful alumni. Previous speakers include Jon Snow (Channel 4), Jake Wallis Simons (Daily Mail Online), and Stephen Sackur (BBC HARDTalk)
- Take advantage of BU’s partnership with AFC Bournemouth to cover home games, attend pre-match conferences and conduct interviews at Vitality Stadium
- Make invaluable industry connections during a 30-week work placement with organisations such as national and regional media, the BCC and Sky Sports.
- BU is ranked amongst the top 10 best UK universities for journalism, publishing and PR (The best UK universities 2021 league table - The Guardian).
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.
Course Accreditations: You’ll graduate with a degree accredited by three industry-recognised bodies – the National Council for Training of Journalists (NCTJ), the Broadcast Journalism Training Council (BJTC) and the Professional Publisher’s Association.