Why study BA (Hons) International Tourism and Hospitality Management at BU?
- We are one of the top universities in the world for the study of tourism and hospitality
- Widely recognised for educating work-ready professionals for a range of positions in the global hospitality industry
- Taught by hospitality specialists who are actively involved in research that informs the future of the industry, as well as notable experts during our regular guest lectures
- Build your network of professional contacts, enhance your CV and employability during the 30-week work placement that can be taken anywhere in the world
- You can study abroad at one of our many partner institutions across the world
- Being a popular seaside resort with many tourism and hospitality businesses and opportunities, Bournemouth is a perfect location to study this subject.
The accreditation bodies on our BA (Hons) International Tourism and Hospitality Management course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which is reflected in the BU Business School Experience.
- Recognition as an Institute of Travel & Tourism Centre of Excellence signifies BU as an industry-leading university.
- Accreditation by the Tourism Management Institute ensures this course meets standards aligned to the needs of the tourism sector, enhancing future employment prospects when you graduate.
- Being recognised as a United Nations World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO.TedQual) course provides opportunities for you to participate in tourism policy events of the highest level, as well as obtaining placements in the most prestigious tourism organisations globally.
- Successful completion of the accredited unit will allow you to acquire the IDM Certificate in Digital and Data-Driven Marketing, from the Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM).
- Accreditation by the leading hospitality professional body, the Institute of Hospitality, offers numerous benefits to you such as free membership and access to the mentoring scheme.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in Business & Management, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.