Why study BSc (Hons) Forensic Computing & Security at BU?
- Understand the ways that hackers, as well as general users think in order to predict their behaviour.
- Use your applied technical skills to expose weakness in systems to ultimately build and maintain secure digital environments.
- Engage in a series of practical, industry-focused tasks and co-participate in a range of research projects, not only with BU staff but experts from other institutions in the UK and Europe.
- Gain valuable work experience on your placement if you choose to take one.
- You’ll be qualified to work in the security and/or forensic industry in roles such as police forensics investigator, forensics consultant, security advisor, information security analyst or cyber security analyst.
- All of our computing courses share a common first year, giving you the time to really explore each subject before deciding on a specialism. View the courses here.
Interested in using ethical hacking to identify security gaps and help prevent cyber-crime? Software security specialists are involved in the design of all aspects of Information Technology systems and are vital in protecting user and organisational data.
Accreditation by the Chartered Institute for IT (BCS) provides an indicator of quality and can help you work towards Chartered IT Professional status. You’ll have the chance to complete Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification courses during your degree.