This course is now full for September 2021 entry. You may still apply, but your application may be held on a waiting list. If your application is on a waiting list, we will inform you if a space becomes available by the end of June.
Why study BA (Hons) Criminology with Psychology at BU?
- Focus on these overlapping disciplines, where you’ll take a closer look at the study of criminology and the criminal justice system, and enrich this learning through the study of psychology
- Investigate criminal behaviour, examining the views, thoughts, intentions, actions and reactions of criminals and victims
- Decide your focus by choosing units in your second and final year to create a bespoke degree to reflect your chosen interests or career aspirations
- Learn from research-active social scientists in fields including society and social formation, social anthropology, criminology, cultural diversity and social welfare
- Choose from either a 30-week ‘sandwich’ placement or a shorter four-week placement to provide you with important work experience
- Develop your own piece of research based on a topic that interests you, or aligns itself with your future career or study plans, in your final year dissertation.
What can you achieve with this degree?
This degree will provide you with the ideal platform for further specialisation in many careers, particularly in areas where a deep understanding of criminal behaviour is valuable, as well as postgraduate study opportunities.