Why study BA (Hons) Business & Management at BU?
- Flexibility to achieve your ambitions – start with a strong foundation in business and management in your first year, then tailor your learning (depending on what your interests are) with a specialist pathway*
- Opportunities to study abroad at one of our international partner institutions
- Study a diverse subject that provides a stepping stone to work in any industry, anywhere in the world
- Complete an optional 30-week placement, giving you invaluable opportunities to gain industry experience and build a professional network
- Study at a university with over 35 years of teaching experience in this area, excellent industry connections and an international reputation
- You'll be career-ready with 92% of our graduates in employment or further studies, fifteen months after graduating.
*Selected at the end of your second year (with the exception of Economics and Finance pathways): see our subject area page for further details about each pathway.
The accrediting bodies on this course are renowned industry-wide for promoting excellence and the highest standards, all of which is reflected in the BU Business School experience:
- Our Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) accreditation is a hallmark of excellence that has been awarded to fewer than 5% of business schools worldwide
- Our Chartered Management Institute (CMI) accreditation gives you complimentary CMI student membership (and access to resources and services) and means that when you graduate, you’ll receive a CMI leadership and management qualification in addition to your Bachelor's degree
Business & Management (Marketing) pathway only:
- Awarded Graduate Gateway status with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), gain CIM professional qualifications as well as exemptions towards a CIM Diploma in Professional Marketing
- Accredited by the Institute of Data & Marketing (IDM), Europe’s leading training and qualifications organisation for the digital, direct and data profession.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in Business & Management, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.