Why study BA (Hons) Marketing Communications with Advertising at BU?
- Develop specific knowledge and skills in advertising, including branding, creative, media planning and strategy
- Learn how to develop strategic responses to advertising and marketing communications problems
- Work on live briefs set by industry for unit assessments and learn from professionals who deliver guest lectures and workshops every year
- Co-create academic and professional research with staff including consultancy projects for industry clients
- At the end of your first year you can choose which Marketing Communications course best suits you and your career interests
- Complete a work placement anywhere in the world, giving you the chance to put theory into practice, make great career contacts and bolster your blossoming CV.
Graduate with a BU degree and more
BU is a Strategic Partner of The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) – the world’s leading professional marketing body. Our partnership gives you the opportunity to gain professional qualifications through the CIM Graduate Gateway.
During your second year you'll also have the opportunity to take the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising (IPA) Foundation Certificate. The IPA has a well-earned reputation for thought leadership, best practice and continuous professional development in the advertising industry.
Foundation year: We have a foundation year option for UK students who do not meet the entry requirements for the degree course. This additional year of study will give you a grounding in the media & communication skills required for this course, building your confidence, knowledge and skills for further study. After successful completion of the foundation year, you will progress to the full degree.