This course is now full for September 2021 entry. You may still apply, but your application may be held on a waiting list (either prior to or following an interview). If your application is on a waiting list, we will inform you if a space becomes available by the end of June.
Why study BSc (Hons) Children's & Young People's Nursing at BU?
- Caring for children and young people is a challenging but rewarding career. You’ll work closely with children, young people - from newborns to adolescents - and their families
- Focused on the healthcare needs of children and young people, this course will teach you the theory, diagnostic and practical skills needed to care for children and young people
- 50% of the course is spent in practice placements to gain nursing experience in diverse locations including schools, children’s hospital wards and community settings like children’s hospices
- Become immersed in the science and art of child-centred nursing in our newly built skills facilities including simulated hospital wards and community home settings
- Learn from experienced and knowledgeable registered nurses and other healthcare practitioners
- Our annual Careers Fair has numerous healthcare exhibitors in attendance, helping you to gain employment as a registered nurse on completion of the course.
- Accredited by the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC), this course will prepare you to be eligible to register and practice as a registered (children's and young people's) nurse and to graduate with a BSc (Hons) Children's & Young People's Nursing award.
Funding support: All nursing students may be eligible for a non-repayable government training grant of at least £5,000 a year.
Find out more information about the funding: https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/nhs-learning-support-fund.