Why study BA (Hons) Archaeology at BU?
- Take the degree as a BA or BSc according to whether you prefer an arts-based or scientific route. Everyone studies the same first year so it’s easy to transfer from one to the other
- Become a highly skilled practitioner experienced in all forms of landscape survey, remote sensing, excavation and recording
- Learn through expert-led lectures, seminars and an exciting range of relevant fieldwork opportunities all over the UK
- Undertake a five-week or optional 30-week work placement, you may get to take part in excavations organised by our active team of archaeologists
- Attend BU’s Field School, a large-scale real site excavation where students have discovered significant finds that have changed the way we view the past
- This course received an impressive 100% satisfaction rating from our final year students.
Evidence shows there’s been a huge surge in demand for archaeologists in the UK following a sharp rise in infrastructure projects, so there’s never been a better time to study this degree at BU.
This course is among the first to receive joint accreditation from the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (CIfA), the leading professional body representing archaeologists working in the UK and overseas, and the University Archaeology UK group (UAUK). Choosing an accredited degree is widely recognised as the first step on a career path leading to professional status.